Who wants to try out a fun new networking activity? It’s called “Get pinned!” Random shoutouts are nice, but pins last forever! They show up in SEO and they link back to your website! And here’s an added incentive to up your game when you post about your business on our page wall: Each month I’m doing up a work at home gallery on Pinterest to highlight my personal favourites from our sponsors and from those who post on our wall as well as useful resources and articles. So, if you want to get noticed, here’s a few tips:
- Have a website (can be Etsy or Madeit… so long as it’s not just your images on Facebook as you can’t pin from Facebook yet).
- Take beautiful photos. I’m more likely to pin your images if you take stunning photos.
- If you do feature something from your Facebook photo album, make sure you put a link to where i can find the image on your website or online store.
- If you are featured, I will let you know “you’ve been pinned” and it would be nice if you’d share the love on Pinterest (if you’re on there), Twitter and Facebook and pin other WAHP pics from the board onto your own boards.
- In your product descriptions, make sure you use some key words that will help people find your products on Pinterest.
- Include a price where appropriate in your product descriptions, and
- Start your own Work At Home board!
Each day I’ll aim to pick 2 or 3 random businesses to feature. If you want to follow me on Pinterest, here’s the link: http://pinterest.com/mumatopia.
Don’t forget that Pinterest has a few basic, golden rules!
1. Pin other people’s stuff more than you pin your own.
2. You’re more likely to be found if you use descriptive key words and titles in your Board Names and descriptions.
3. Do network with other pinners via repins and comments.