Welcome! Support a WAHP is a virtual community for work at home parents/people (WAHPs). Via our website, directory, topsites page, forum, blog, Google+ and Facebook page you can:
Network with other WAHPs
Find & support other WAHP businesses
Find expert advice on growing your business, marketing & social media
Gain wider recognition for your business
Promote your business
Facebook Page Wall Ettiquette:
If you want to post on our Facebook Page, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines. Any posts that do not comply with our posting guidelines will be removed so please read this carefully. We want you to make the most of being a part of this community.
- Only post on the wall on the days that relate to your business type. See ‘Day Categories’ below for a complete list. If in doubt about which day fits your business best, please email us with questions! firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know if you’re posting from the Northern Hemisphere so we don’t accidentally delete your posts.
- Post a max of ONCE per day and a max of TWICE per week. Posts that are removed count towards your daily/weekly total so take care to post on the appropriate day for your business. You’ll find the list of categories below.
- Please don’t ask or beg for a shoutout! Enchant us and amaze us instead.
- Be respectful to every business! We have zero tolerance for negative statements about other businesses, slander, adult content (including links to adult content) and images, any content that may be harmful for children, inappropriate language, tagging games, and spam. Any posts on the wall of this nature will be removed immediately, no questions asked. If you have a problem with another business that you think we need to be aware of, email email@example.com.
- If your business has a Facebook page or group, please add the proper URL or @tag in your post so we don’t need to go searching for it. Remember to make your URL ‘clickable’ by adding the http:// in front.
- Please remember to abide by the Facebook Promotion Guidelines when it comes to running competitions or promotions for your business. We will not mention competitions or promotions in our status updates that do not comply with these guidelines.
- Please post more than just the link to your page/website when posting on our wall. We like to know where it is we’re visiting and with no other information apart from a link, that makes it difficult and also deters people from clicking on it as they don’t know what they will find.
- Thank you shoutouts. We know that there are several online WAH communities with differing posting guidelines for different days. We also know that sometimes WAHP’s only have time for quick shoutouts to say “Thanks” to these communities and we definitely appreciate you spreading the word about Support a WAHP. So, if you are just posting a “Thank you” Shout Out without promoting your business products and services, you may do that on any day that corresponds to your business type. Posts must be placed on your own page’s wall with@supportawahp tagged in your post. Flagrant misuse of this (ie. a user posting these every day or even every other day) will be considered Spam and may result in us removing posts.
- Please do not ask Support a WAHP ”likers” to vote for you in any contests or promotions without checking in with us first by email. Any posts of this nature will be removed unless you’ve cleared it with us first. All requests for support must comply with Facebook Promotional Guidelines.
If your business doesn’t fall into any of the themes below or you’re unsure of which day is best for you, please don’t hesitate to email us.
Monday – Lifestyle
post about products and services which are about food, craft, handmade, pets, fitness, beauty, health, fashion, travel, home wares, activities, interests, games, toys, anything that fits within the “lifestyle” theme.
Tuesday – Family
Post about anything related to family such as homewares, kitchenware, family and portrait photography, birthdays, pregnancy, birth, babies, recipes, health, toys, games, counselling, education, anything related to family.
Wednesday – Events
Weddings, parties, cake decorating, anything related to events such as parties, christenings, engagements, business events, webinars, markets etc.
Thursday – Community
Post about charities you support, helpful online forums and services, blogs you like, free webinars and courses, free networking groups, charity auctions and events, support services, non-profit organisations etc.
Friday – Business to Business (B2B)
Post about business to business services for WAHPs including graphic design, marketing, social media, employment and recruitment, consulting, printing, promotional products, branding, office supplies, other supplies (ie. craft supplies for crafting businesses).
Saturday and Sunday– Deals
Discounts, promotions, special offers for WAHPs.