At Support a WAHP we are committed to recognising the achievements of work-at-home parents/people. In honour of this, we are really pleased to announce the first ever Support a WAHP Top WAHP Awards.
Nominate your favourite WAHP business and tell us why they deserve the title of Top WAHP 2011. Nominees will be emailed a badge to highlight this achievement. We’ll choose 10 finalists and you’ll get to vote for who you think should win a Top WAHP award for 2011.
The top 5 finalists will be interviewed by us in a special 2011 In the Spotlight showcase to be featured in our upcoming Christmas e-magazine and on our website (after the magazine is published on December 1st, 2011). All top 10 finalists will also receive a badge they can display on their websites.
NEW — 2011 Top WAHP Awards Finalists
Congratulations to our 11 finalists in the Top WAHP Awards. Yes, you read that right. We had so much trouble deciding the last one that we decided, what the heck, let’s make it a tie and add an extra! Each business was scored based on the number of votes they received, the comments they received, their engagement in social media, their websites, and overall image. Now it is up to you! Voting is now open on our website so that you can choose who will be our 5 Top WAHPs! You have till next Sunday 11 September at 3pm AEST to make your vote count! We had an amazing response to this competition so I’m sure it will become an annual event.
- Alexander Brodie - Siso IT
- Kylie Duncan – Munchie Moo Creations
- Donna Quartley-Parker – The Heart Strings Boutique
- Cheryl Sanders – Lulu’s Cupcakes
- Belinda Long – Bibska Bibs for Baby
- Linda Anderson – Mums on the Go
- Nat Petroff – Mummy’s Gotta Princess
- Sherry McGahan – Sherry’s Crochet
- Denise Hall – The Entrepreneurial Mother
- Amanda Morby – Babyfeet Designs
- Christina Ware – WAHM Advertising That Works & Promote My Business
To vote for our top five Top WAHPs, go to the home page www.supportawahp.com and select your picks in our poll!
Conditions of Entry:
1. Nominations must be for other businesses (not your own)
2. You may nominate more than one WAHP.
3. The top 10 Finalists will be chosen based on merit, the number nominations they receive and the quality of nominations. Chance plays no part in determining the finalists. Judges decisions will not be influenced by whether or not a business is a current or past advertiser of Support a WAHP. A third judge will be engaged to ensure impartiality.
4. Nominations close at 5pm, September 1st.
5. The top 10 finalists will be featured on a poll starting Sunday, September 5th and going till 3pm (AEST) the following Sunday. The top 5 Top WAHPs will be determined by the outcome of the poll.
6. We respect your privacy. Nominators will only be added to our mailing list should you opt in on the entry form. Nomination reasons may be shared publicly but we will not reveal nominator names publicly. Your information will not be shared with any third parties, except for the purposes of judging the competition.
7. A list of nominees and their businesses will be published on the Support a WAHP website.
8. All required fields must be filled out for a nomination to be valid.
9. The judges reserve the right to amend these conditions of entry.
Important Notice 30/08/11: Due to some nominees being notified of their nominations late due to Cas being off the computer for much of the last few days, we’ve decided to allow two extra days for existing nominees (anyone nominated prior to the deadline) to gather nominations (5pm September 3).